Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Road Trip USA (cont.)

So day 2 brought on more of, you guessed it Nebraska..............*eye roll*. I cannot tell you the exhileration I felt when I saw that beautiful sign welcoming us into the state of Iowa! Although I should say that I am sooooo happy that there are those types of people who love to live in Nebraska despite the smell of dairy farms, because although I am not a milk fan, I do LOVE ice cream!!!! There really isn't much to tell up to this point except that when we stopped for the night in Iowa City, we found a hotel that looked like a castle and so the girls were all excited about being able to stay there. Our rooms had little balconies that looked out upon the moat aka swimming pool, and the beds in the rooms had huge head boards to make it look more Royal!!!! But I think what took the cake at this hotel was the pool. As the kids were diving in and swimming around they found a huge window in the side of the pool that when you looked through it you could see people eating in the Hotels' restaurant?!?!?!? Seriously I don't know that I could sit and eat while looking at people swimming in a pool.......*shudder*. Really, am I alone in this thinking??


Pictures of when we stopped for dinner and found an old train car that has now been turned into an ice cream shop!!! (it was closed, but the kids had fun playing on it!!)










No comments:

Post a Comment