Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chapter 75: Road Trip USA!!!!

After a slight delay, the day finally dawned that marked the beginning of our Road Trip. We were sure excited to get up and get going, I had packed my van the night before we left and of course being my normal self I forgot to pack a "few" items and so the next morning was filled with; first waking up early, and re-packing and re-situating things and then helping Kari pack and re-pack and re-situate things, and then pretty much re-packing both cars and finally getting most everything in, just as I was standing back admiring my handy work, I realized that HOLY CRAP I still had 4 kids to put in this van *sigh*, but alas they all did fit and luckily for me I had thought ahead and limited my girls to only bringing one purse and the only extra things they could bring had to fit inside the purse and they had to be able to zip up that purse!!!

Off at last, since we had the delay we were just going to drive as far as we could and hope that there was an available hotel when we got to tired to go on. The kids quickly dove into their "tote-o-fun" and we hardly heard a peep from them. Wyoming came and seemed to take forever to get through, we had to make some pit stops but we finally made it into Nebraska -- Hooray!!!! (or so we thought) I really do not like Nebraska, I soon found out. Nebraska is the kind of state that drags on ffffooooorrrrevvvvverrrrr.....................and ever, and they have lots and lots of dairy farms, stinky!!!!!!!!!!! We found a hotel in North Platte and let the kids finally have a little freedom from the car, they were so excited to be out the cars and quickly threw on their swimming suits and were off for a much deserved pool time. I didn't want to jinx myself but I just had to say that the kids were awesome, there weren't any fights or squabbles, and I don't know if it was just the traveling or what but it seemed that there appetites had exploded, they were eating all their snacks and all their meals and then asking for more?!?!?!?! (I know.....wierd) With Day 1 complete and everyone still alive, it just made the trip even more exciting!!!!!

(to be cont.)

No comments:

Post a Comment