Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A new laughable line of Lainee's and a hopeful boy with a homeless brother.

So yesterday I was walking into the Grocery Store with shoeless Lainee in tow, and you know the times when your kids are talking and you are "uh-huh"ing and "yes"ing to them but really you are going through the gocery list in your mind because your forgot your paper grocery list at home.  Well needless to say it came to that point in the conversation where I was like "what???, what is she talking about and I was completely stupified at what she was telling me."  So I asked her to repeat herself, only I came up with a comepletely clever and wonderful way of asking so it seemed as if I was really listening to the whole conversation!!  She then began her story again, and just to speed it up a little she was telling me that Justin Bieber had gone to this girl's house because she said she was in love with him.  So I looked at Lainee a little confused and said, "I thought Justin was with Selena Gomez?"  "Mmmmoooooommmm", she said with an exasperated lilt, "They broke up, it has been all over the news, how did you not know this....."  "Well my little 6 year old sweetie, who goes to bed at 8:30 well before the news, I guess I am just behind the times!"  At this point in time I notice that there was a man walking beside us who heard this whole conversation, he just started laughing, and walked down the aisle next to the one we were heading down (I am sure to save me the embarassment of having to explain to him why I did not know this little factoid)!!! Gotta love Lainee!!!

Also last night Scott and I were talking to the kids and we were telling them that over the course of the next few months we would be changing their sleeping arrangements, largely due to the fact that Bradley and Zachary either are friends and want to talk and talk and laugh all night or they are enemies and want to fight and argue and punch each other all night, so we are going to be doing some remodeling and hopefully when all is said and done we will live in a house of peace and tranquility where all the inhabitants talk nicely to each other, use good manners, always keep their bedrooms nice and tidy, and most importantly go to bed when they are suppose to!!!!  Hey, it will happen you just watch!!!  Okay so fast forward to after dinner and a little before bed time, I walk into the boys' bedroom and I see Zachary with a basket of stuff and 3 drawers worth of treasures (*cough* crap *cough*) being sorted and carefully organized back into the drawers they just came out of.  So I asked him what he was doing, he didn't even look up at me or acknowledge that I was standing there, he just simply pointed at his treasures and said "I am going through my stuff and throwing away all the garbage and re-organzing my drawers, and putting my p.j.'s away." "Oh," I said.  "What is this basket for?"  "That is Bradley's stuff, I am moving him out!!!"  I kinda laughed because of the finality in which he spoke was funny.  So I had to re-iterate the fact that it was going to take more than a day, or week, or maybe even month, for us to be ready enough for Bradley to actually "move" out to his own room.  "Don't worry mom, I know, I am just going to be prepared for it whenever it happens!" Well okay then, that's that, I guess, I really hope Bradley doesn't mind being homeless for a while because I have a feeling that Zachary will have him all packed and ready to leave the nest by tonight!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment