Monday, March 30, 2009

Chapter 4: Chicken Noodle Soup

Saturday was Dance Competition Day at our House. These always seem to be the kind of days that you are so happy when they are done, but you enjoy them none the less. Although the competition was not going to be until 1:45, Kennadee's cousin Makayla was getting baptized in Salt Lake at 10:00 so needless to say, we were up early. The process of preparing Kennadee's hair for her performances is enough to make anyone cry (and often one of us does). She has amazingly thick and stick straight hair, so it usually takes a minimum of 45 mins. to curl it, and I have to use gel, curl enhancer and alot of hairspray to make sure it lasts through the dance. After the baptism and lunch, we (meaning myself, Kennadee and her cousin Morgan) were off to Roy for the Competition. WOW!!!! I don't know if any of you have ever been involved with competitions but Holy Cow, I usually have to stop and take a few deep breaths before entering the building. Finding where we are supposed to be and then starting the process of dressing, make-up, extra hairspray and using an entire pakage of bobby pins to hold her hat up is a little wearing, especially when you find out that they will not be doing their dance until 3:03, aughhhhhh!!! I guess this is the time that you thank heavens that you left your husband and 3 other kids home. Her competition was at Roy High School and I don't know about you guys but I seem to have forgotten that the benches in High Schools are extra hard and extra small, so comfort is not an option. Okay so just a few things about Kennadee's dance; it is 17 mins. long, she is one of 5 groups that perform and they perform 3-4 times throughout the 17 mins.. It is a Fantastic show, with around 150 girls in total. During the performance Morgan, kept telling me she was so excited for the Chicken Noodle Soup, having no idea what she was talking about, you can imagine my surprise when during Kennadee's performance the song she was dancing to was "Chicken Noodle Soup", who knew; I guess there is a song for everything. Kennadee was incredible, she really comes out of her shell on the dance floor and I just LOVE to watch her. Her Dance Group took 2nd overall, way to go Kennadee. Oh and as a side note I just found out that Kennadee was chosen for student of the month for March, Good Job Sis.

4 comments:

  1. OH I have THE cutest niece EVER!!!! She looks SO cute in her little outfit!! Let me know when her next one is because I want to come watch. That last picture of her and Morgan is ADORABLE!! Good luck with the results and let us know what she gets!!! GOOD JOB KENNERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am sure glad that Kaila's studio does not do competition. The 2 recitals a year are enough of a hassle.

    Kennadee looks great, though! Tell her congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How fun for her, even if its a big hassle for mom... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! Kennadee looks like a pro in that outfit! Such fun...I agree with Katie about the ADORABLE pic of Morgan and Kennadee! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete