Monday, April 6, 2009

Chapter 6: Day 1

Okay so this is going to be a short and sweet blog with no Pictures, mostly because I forgot my camera, but today is the 1st day of the kids' spring break and this year I wanted to do something fun and inexpensive with them everyday this week, so we don't just get stuck doing the same o' same o'. So first thing this morning we got up and were out the door by 9:00 a.m. I know what most of you are thinking, that is just impossible, and just so you know, you are right if it wasn't because Zacky had a Dr. appt. we would not have been leaving quite so early. After the appt. I took the kids to the shoe store and returned some shoes, went to Downeast to return a shirt and then went to JC Penney to get some curtains (all kid stuff right)! Okay, Okay, then it was off to Chic-Fila for lunch and then we headed to the Utah Museum of Natural History for some fun with frogs, they had all their other exhibits but there was an amazing exhibit on frogs and toads. Do not fret I did not allow the girls to kiss them, nor did I allow the boys to touch them (for fear of warts:) Well, then it was time to be heading back, but we somehow did not want this afternoon to end quite so soon, so as I was driving I saw the SL City Library and never having been there before, asked the kids if they would like to look around. Holy Moly they had some cool stuff, a whole floor just for kids books, some play areas, glass elevators and an exit off the 5th floor roof that took you down to the street below, it was really fun to see Salt Lake from high above, and although the kids wanted to walk back up the ramp, I figured going down was enough of a work out for one day. All in all a great start to Spring Break, you will need to tune in later to see where our curiosity takes us next.............................................(to be cont.)

1 comment: