Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chapter 7: Day 2..........

Day 2 has dawned and it definitely smells like spring. With a slight breeze in the air and the temperature in the low sixties, we loaded our bikes into the back of the truck and set off for our next adventure. I had seen this bike trail off the side of Legacy Highway and thought it would be fun to take the kids to it, it seemed really family friendly. So as you can see we unloaded our bikes and set off on the trail, Bradley, Kennadee and Zachary each have their own bikes they rode and Lainee was behind my bike in a stroller, and cute little Sophie ran right beside me. As we were enjoying the weather, the horses, geese and seagulls, we realized that we had already rode 2.5 miles and although Bradley wanted to continue, Zacky and I thought we might be better off to head back to the truck. On the way out, it seemed really even and didn't have a lot of hills, so you can imagine my shock, when it seemed to feel like a gigantic hill I was trying to climb with 200 lb. weights tied to my feet on the way back. Lucky for me the wind was blowing so it cooled us down and even though it seemed to take forever to ride back to the truck, it was well worth the pain and anguish I had to endure in order to spend a little quality time with my kids. I wonder where Day 3 will take us??????????????

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow!! I hope I am half as cool a mom as you are!! You sure have some lucky kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH!! I've looked at and admired the bike trail, but left it at that.

    Way to GO, awesome mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mel you look HOT!! I was meaning the weather kind of hot...HA just kidding you do look great!!! Can't wait to hear about tomorrow. And leave a little Alesa for me to see when I come out this weekend please??????

    ReplyDelete