Saturday, May 9, 2009

Chapter 17: Simply Mine

sneak.........sneak........sneak..........giggle............giggle.........giggle......whisper............whisper.............whisper............POUNCE!!!!

I awoke with the sound of 4 sets of feet, trying their hardest to walk quietly, hearing an excited giggle now and then, and 4 confused kids trying their best to come up with the perfect way to wake up their Mom. Much to their relief it was the 3 year old who decided she had had enough waiting and just pounced on her Mom, yelling for her to wake up, because their were presents to be opened, flowers to smell and breakfast to be enjoyed in bed. With all four clamoring to give me their presents first, I just had to smile at the thought that today is truly one day where they all really try hard to make my day as special as it can be. Well Kennadee won out and she actually had 2 presents for me, a candle holder she painted and an extra cute craft she made for me in Activity Days;

she also included a card that stated:

M-ost beautiful
O-nly mine
T-he one I love
H-er love is always with me
E-ncourages me
R-ules the World.

Bradley gave me a bouquet of paper flowers and attached to those were jobs he is willing to help out with around the house (excellent), and also a Mother's Day certificate that says:

This is to certify that my Mom is the greatest!
Here's why: (Bradley's words) You take our family places, you do jobs at the house, you help me with things. You cook food for me, you by gifts for me, you make me laugh sometimes, you support me at soccer games, you take me places like bookstores, and you are the greatest mom ever! I love you.

Zachary gave me a heart full of kisses(hershey's, which mysteriously disappeared), and a letter he wrote me; (in his own writing)

Dear Mom, I love you because.....She is so nice. and funny. She is a good Mom she Read's to Me evrey nite Some times my brother reads to Me and She is asoum (awesome). I Like My MOM She fede me food in the morning. And nite and she is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very (yes 36 in total) cool! Love Zachary. (Just as a side story, Scott was explaining to the kids that for this to be a great day there was to be no fighting!!! Zachary just looked at Scott and said "That's fine Dad, just keep me away from Bradley, and DON'T make me clean anything!")

Lainee and Dad were thoughtful enough to get me flowers, which funny enough Lainee claims to have picked out herself, but I am pretty sure she was sleeping when Dad went to the store.........hum, oh well she did a good job telepathically.



Mom, the best 3 letter word there is, I am so incredibly grateful for the 4 most wonderful kids I have and that for this one day they want nothing more to do than to be at my beck and call and ask if there is anything they can do for ME. They are so incredible, I really am so lucky to be their Mom and to know that they are simply......mine!

2 comments:

  1. WOW guys!! Good job on making Mother's Day the best day for my big sister!!! I'm proud of all the thoughtful gifts you gave her! Keep up the good work and hopefully we'll get to see you soon!! I love you ALL!!!! Love Aunt Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a GREAT start to a good day! :) I love Zach's plan for making it a good day for you... lol

    ReplyDelete