Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chapter 30: I am the "Queen"

Okay so Kari has declared herself the coupon Queen but I think I may have taken the title from her today!!!! I have been seriously coupon shopping now for a few months and I have been so excited to see my grocery bill go down but my intake of groceries explode, I have been getting some really good deals and not spending very much money to get my every day groceries and also see a huge growth in my food storage. Today I went to Albertson's because I got some double coupons in the newspaper from them and decided that I would use them before they expired, below you will see a picture of all the groceries I was able to get, I made 4 seperate purchases and here my totals: $8.70, $2.97, $19.10 and $1.03 for a grand total of $31.80, but wait, if you think that is the final total, you would be wrong, the suspense is going to kill you isn't it:)


Here is the list of groceries I purchased:
4 Colgate Toothpaste
2 Philadelphia Cream Cheese
4 Easy Mac
8 Boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats
2 CPK Pizza's
8 large boxes of Jello
2 Kraft Cheese Singles
2 Kraft Cheese Bricks
1 block Velveeta Cheese
4 (6 pack) Jello Pudding
4 Candy Bars
1 Bag Green Grapes


so with this purchase I also got 2-$20 rebate offers that I need to mail in and I have one $5.00 coupon that I can use next time I go to Albertson's, so if you are not good at math or you just gave up, remember I told you that I paid $31.80 today, but with my mail in rebates and my $5.00 coupon, Albertson's actually paid me $13.20 to go shopping and get all those groceries, not bad for a day's work. So the challenge is on (mainly to Kari) to try and take my crown away (anyone that has an old crown laying around I really could use it:), but for those few who do accept this challenge, may your eyes be sharp, may your ears be tuned (to the sound of sales), may your legs be swift, and may your purse be light!!!! Good couponing to all!!!

2 comments:

  1. So do you use Grocery Smarts too?

    Don't you just love that feeling when you walk out and feel like what you spent is just too good to be true?

    Me TOO!!

    ReplyDelete