Monday, August 24, 2009

Chapter 31: Sniffle, Sniffle, Cry, Cry, Cry.....

School Bag in hand, they leave home in the early morning, waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile. I watch them go with a surge of that well-known sadness, and I just have to sit down for a while. The feeling that I'm losing them forever and without really entering their world. I'm glad whenever I can share their laughter, my funny little ones. Slipping through my fingers all the time, I try to capture every minute, the feeling in it, Slipping through my fingers all the time, do I really see what's in their mind? Each time I think I'm close to knowing they keep on growing, slipping through my fingers all the time.

I just happened to be watching Mamma Mia sometime last week and Bradley walked in when she is singing this song to her daughter, so he said "Mom, why don't you ever sing that song to us?" Well as I pondered on it, and thought about it, all I could come up with is that, really that isn't the song I would choose, the song I really feel in my heart the first few weeks of school is..............

It's the most wonderful time of the year, with the school bell a-ringing, and mom always telling me, "be of good cheer", it's the most wonderful time of the year. It's the hap-happiest season of all, with your pencils a writing and school lunch your biting, and friends who are near. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Maybe in a few years when all my kids are in school and I have many, many moments to ponder, who knows I will probably be sitting at home singing of them slipping through my fingers *sigh* okay maybe not, but it's the thought that counts, right, right, anybody. Okay fine, at least enjoy their pictures from the first day of school!


1 comment: