Monday, August 31, 2009

Chapter 32: Almost famous!!!

Girls just wanna have fun!

This is mine and Lainee's theme song, since we have alot of time that we get to spend together. Well today was just one of those days, that I want to be able to remember because although it may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, it's days like these that make me really, truly appreciate that I get to be a stay at home mom and that I have the priveledge of having these little moments to treasure.

So after a pretty much routine morning of getting the older kids off to school, I was loading the dishwasher and clearing off the cupboards when my little Lainee hollers in from the front room "Mom, will you put High School Musical 3 on T.V. for me?" my response to this most awesome request, "You bet Lainee!" so I put it in and go about finishing up the kitchen, when again from the front room I hear her say "But Mom, don't you want to come and sit on the couch with me and watch it?" well of course how can you say no, so I hurried to finish the kitchen and put in a batch of Laundry and sat down to watch (but mostly to sing loudly) HSM3, and of course anytime one of us got up we had to pause the movie so we wouldn't miss a thing and then when it ended once Lainee wanted to start all over (ahhhh!!! Heaven, who wouldn't love to just sit and oogle over Zac and Corbin!) Sadly though about half way through the movie we did have to take a shopping break (mostly because we had nothing to eat for lunch) so while I finished getting myself ready for the day so did Lainee, including lotioning our legs which she gave my legs a good dose and then proceeded to pound on them as if I were at the spa (and no I didn't even teach her that, but for the future I think I will instruct her on how to do good pedicures), so with flip-flops flipping and sun glasses shading off we went to the store. As I was opening Lainee's door she looks at me and with complete and total honesty she says "MOM, what am I going to do if people think I am famous!!!" I kind of chuckled saying "Oh! uh-well why would people think you are famous Lainee?" and then doing her little side hip thing and pointing to her hair she states as if I am totally blind "Because of my hair", so I smile and say "Well if the crowd starts mobbing us I will just grab you and run to the car." and that seemed to be good enough! Ahhhhh, what did I ever do before I had kids to entertain me. Oh and the "hair-do" was a headband with a big flower on it, so if you run into a short blonde with a flower in her hair, don't rush at her to get an autograph or anything, she just wants to be treated like any normal little 4 year old.

2 comments:

  1. ROFL Thanks for the hearty laugh you gave Shara and me. Lainee is just too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously still laughing. I love it.
    And I agree- what would we do all day if not for our 4yr olds?!

    ReplyDelete