Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chapter 41: Merkley-isms

YOU MIGHT BE A MERKLEY IF:

-you use phrases like "the older 4" "Galen and Erin" and the "the younger 4"
-your mom remembers things based on who she was pregnant with or who was the baby.
-it takes all 10 fingers to count you and your siblings
-you bring your own place to sleep to go visit the family
-you think having Thanksgiving at a church is "normal"
-your kids have to know whether you are talking about Aunt Erin, Uncle Aaron or Cousin Aaron.
-your assignment for Thanksgiving is 10 pounds of potatoes and there are at least 2 others with the same assignment, and you still worry if that is enough.
-you have to introduce yourself at dinner to your own family!
-where 2 families = 18 kids
-your Dad still has trouble remembering which kid you are Jus...Matt...Mel...Kar...Ga..Eri...Taci...Kate...Loga...CAMI!!!!!


Here are just a few Merkley-isms I am sure there are many, many more but for now just enjoy some of the pictures from our larger than life family Thanksgiving, Thanks to all you Merkley's who make gatherings fun and entertaining!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I love it because it is so dang true!! What a fun week we had! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not part of this Merkley family but mine is rather large as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It was THE best Thanksgiving EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Merkley-isms. :) They are all so true. However, I think you forgot one small one. You are truly a Merkley if you use, or giggle when you hear the term, "Oh my heart!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, you guys make me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Kat, although I would add that if you can hear that and remember the time when Uncle Clifford was cleaning out the turkey for Thanksgiving and dropped the heart on the floor and then said "Oh my heart!" then you have truly experienced this Merkley-ism.

    ReplyDelete
  7. everybody knows us Merkley's a little tooo well!!!

    ReplyDelete