Monday, December 7, 2009

Chapter 42: CTR

Saturday was such a wonderful day, Zachary had turned 8 in Nov. and he decided that he would like to be baptized and so on Sat. the 5th of Dec. he was able to have his Dad baptize and Confirm him. It was so neat to watch as our little boy seemed to grow right before us, he really took his baptism seriously. He came to me about a month ago and said that he really thought he needed a suit, so I went and got him out of school one day and we went to lunch and then went to JC Penney and bought him a suit, it took him some time to decide on the perfect suit for his important day, but he was able to find a good one. On Sat. as I was making my bed, he came rushing into my room and as excited as can be he said Mom, Mom, today I become a member of the church, and I said Yes, you do, he then asked if it was hard to do to which I kind of laughed and said No, I don't think it is hard at all. Scott took Zachary early to the church so they could get ready and by the time we got there they were dressed in white and ready for the baptism, I just have to say that Zachary looked like he was beaming (which is very rare for him) you could tell how excited he was just by looking at him. As they called his name for him to go to the font with his Dad he didn't even hesitate (I was singing praises to God at this time, any who were at Kennadee's Baptism will know why) and he entered the waters where Scott took him by the hand and preformed the ordinance, I felt the spirit so strongly as he came up out of the water, testifying of the truthfullness of the gospel. We then got to witness the Baptism of Zane who many know that he and Zacky seriously think they are twins and they are as close as brothers, how wonderful for them to be able to share this day together!!!! As Zachary entered the room to be confirmed I had to wipe a tear away, he had a countenance about him that just made me excited, his confidence and sureness in himself was so very evident, I don't know if it was the suit that made him appear that way or just the simple fact that he could feel the spirit too, but I know that I will never forget the day of his baptism, and I know that he will not either, we are so very happy for Zachary and we know that his life will always be blessed because of his decision to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome story! He looks so happy and handsome in his new suit. :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete