Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chapter 62: Just a good Day!!

I guess a good day always should start out with being in the service of others, I had the opportunity to help out with the Great American Bake Sale to help end childhood hunger, I made cake ball suckers and then regular homemade suckers, and although I did grumble (only at 1 or 2 in the morning), I love the feeling that you get when you serve others.

After dropping off the goodies it was off to the soccer field to watch Zacky in action. There is just something about watching little 8 year olds playing soccer, I LOVE it, and Zachary is really starting to blossom. He is really good at defense, although he loves to try and score goals to, but he is really good at watching the opposing team and matching them step for step, it is always fun for me (I just hope I don't embarass him toooo much).

Since the rest of our day was going to revolve around "girl" stuff, Zachary called in his back up family and they came to the rescue (Thanks Manziones!!!!), oh I guess at this point I should have already mentioned that Scott and Bradley left at 3 am to go Turkey Hunting. So with just the girls I loaded up and headed to Salt Lake for Aunt Cassie's baby shower, we are all so excited to meet her baby girl and we hope she makes her debute soon (please)!!!! After the shower (which as a side note, Lainee said that it shouldn't be called a shower because babies only need baths they can't even stand up and they can't wash their own hair) but anyway, we went to Kari's house to continue visiting and make the boys feel a little included!!!

I have to say sometimes I think my family can't get any funnier, and I really wish that you could lose more weight with just laughing, because I am pretty sure I could almost be to my goal weight by now. I am going to reference a few key points, just for my own future reference - Matt, comic books and shaving and my favorite of the night Grandma and the King Size Bed (don't ask because if you weren't there you just missed it, so sorry for you!!!)

After we left Kari's we headed to our favorite dinner spot The Olive Garden. Now there are some times as a mom that I want to just freeze time or rewind and relive, and this was one of those times, I was having so much fun talking and laughing with my girls it was awesome. I asked the girls where they would go if they could choose any trip, Kennadee said Maryland right off the bat, when I asked why, she simply said "because you always say you have so much fun when you go to Maryland, so that is why I want to go." (ohhhh) Lainee had a much different plan she told me she would go camping and when I asked her where she wanted to camp she said "ummm, definately the city!!!" so I have decided that Scott will go with Lainee and I will go with Kennadee..............hey that sounds fair to me!!!!

You know those days where at the end of your day you are just Happy, well today was it. It sure is nice to have a good day every once in a while :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I could be a small part of the good day that you had. Thanks, Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Come to Maryland!!!! We would love to have you here for a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG visit! Wish I could have been there to share in all the laughs and stories. Miss you guys! sniff sniff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Erin! Tell Kennadee that she can come and visit anytime! You just stick her on the plane and send her my way! :)

    I, like Erin, miss all the laughs and fun stories! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete