Monday, May 24, 2010

Chapter 65: Reflections

As I watched my youngest Sister marry her eternal companion this weekend, I was filled with a little to much nostalgia. I guess I could blame it on the lack of sleep or the fact that I had been sewing and baking my little heart out and still needed a liitle more time in my day, or maybe it was just the simple fact that my eyes caught a glimpse of what was and now what is!!!

I saw a beautiful grown woman all dressed in white smiling as the man of her dreams knelt across from her in the Temple as they were sealed for time and all eternity, this woman who at my wedding was just a mere girl of 6 who had just finished her first year of school as a Kindergartener.

I saw another beautiful woman with a softness about her, and eyes rimmed with tears as she held the hand of yet another daughter who was now leaving her home to go out and build her own home with her new husband.

And as I looked upon another beautiful young woman dressed in purple, her red hair piled high on her head, she looked so grown and her eyes held the same enthusiasm about brides and weddings as her mothers did at that tender age.

I also saw my 4 brothers differently as well, one a brand new Dad who has already shown qualities of becoming a fantastic father. Another who has learned to take life in stride and love your kids through the rough times. One who comes and puts him arm around you for no reason and then after a long night in high heels grabs your aching feet just to simply give them a little massage. And another who always looks for opportunities to serve others whether by music, bringing out games for the nieces and nephews or getting up really early after a long night to make sure a little sister makes it to the airport on time. (and also forgiving another sister's pesky dog for whining and keeping him up that night!!!)

Even though my wedding may have been a "few" years ago, it truly seems like it could have been yesterday, except for the fact that now I am grown. It is hard sometimes to admit that, but when you reflect on how far you have come or you look at your family as it is now, I feel very grateful to be where I am. My little growing family is so incredible (yes even Bradley) and when I look at all my brothers and sisters I consider myself so incredibly lucky to have each and everyone of them in my life, I hate that we only get to be together for occasions such as this but when we are together we definitely make the most of our time.

Congratulations James and Cami I hope you enjoy the journey you are about to travel and just remember how many people you have that love and support you!!! (and really thanks alot -insert sarcasm here- for making me reflect on things and for especially making me feel OLD............sigh*)

Love to you all!!!!!!!

p.s. I think I was so busy reflecting on how old I have become that I didn't take one single picture with my camera, so I am going to have to wait until Cami gets us some pics from her photograper before I can show you what an unbelievably gorgeous family I have :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow..............what a sweet tribute! Guess you're my favorite this week!

    Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously....made me cry. Thanks for the fun trip down memory lane and for the fun times this weekend!

    Mom - RUDE!!!! (I flew from MD!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, made us all cry. Such a fun weekend! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete