Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chapter 89: ZACH (ary)

So my little Z man came home from school and pulled from his backpack a certificate and this is what it said;

LYNX OF THE MONTH
March 2011
Name: Zachary K.
Reason for Honor: Zach obeys all class rules and is a
great example to all the students in his class.
I can always count on Zach!!
Love, Ms. Braithwaite

so cool, I love when others appreciate that I have good kids, it helps me think that maybe, just maybe something is sticking. The first thing I noticed this year in school, is the fact that Zachary was no longer to be, for whatever reason he signs all his papers just Zach, his teacher does the same thing and when I questioned her about it, she said that she just assumed that must be what we called him since that is what he started writing :( I don't know why this is such a big deal to me, I don't care if he is called Zach, I often find myself calling him by that name, but for some reason he will always be Zachary to me.

Some fun facts of Zach:

- Is always the first one up in the mornings
- Likes breakfast immediately (I have really loved the fact that he can cook himself simple meals)
- Will always play a key or two on the piano when he passes it
- When he finds a song that he really loves to play, he does. all. day. long......
(song of choice this week the "Star Wars" theme song, which happens to be Zane's piano piece, go figure.)
- his bladder is now trained to never be full when at school, but suddenly almost explodes upon his arrival home, it's that whole block that gets him everytime!!!
- is the most creative kid, ever. You can give him anything and he will turn it into something. I sometimes wonder if Phineas and Ferb is actually based on him...?
- has a big heart, but is very reluctant to show that side of him to anyone.
- is eerily similar to his best friend Zane.
- Hopes to go to BYU one day.
- and although he is sometimes (okay always) loud and rambuctious (at home, apparently never at school), I absolutely and totally LOVE that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment