Monday, March 7, 2011

Chapter 88: In sickness and in health??

So much has gone on lately and I have really wanted to get on the blog and update it, but somehow the days and weeks just slip by and I find myself with not one post in the year 2011, so sad :(

But today was a turning point when I noticed that my sister Kari updated her blog, now really how sad is that, she has done 2 posts this year alone and she is one who NEVER updates, so I was spurred into action to at least say something.............................?

This past couple of weeks have been really rough (to say the very least), and trying to muddle through has been somewhat of an agonizing feat. But through everything that I have had to deal with I have grown a new level of respect and love for the one person who had to take on a few (or twenty) new roles, the role of:

- care - giver
- nurse
- teacher
- listener
- homework checker
- laundress (my personal fave)
- Primary President
- dishwasher
- meal planner
- short order cook,

and that is just to name of few, but Scott can now say he has "done it all", with the exception of the almost daily carpooling (hey he needs a few faults, right), I have been sick and most days barely able to manage a shower, but everyday he has gone to work (dealing with some stressfull issues there as well) and then came home to a house full of chaos, he usually asks me what I thought we could do for dinner and once I give him a run down on what is available he cooks, feeds, clears and cleans the kitchen, he has even gone to the grocery store for more than just milk and bread, when I handed him my grocery list he had to take a deep breath and I know he was wondering how long this trip was going to take him, I just think he should feel lucky I didn't have the energy to clip coupons because I think that would have sent him over the edge. When I am at my worst, having no energy, sleep deprived and barely holding on, I am so thankful that he will just come and sit with me and hold my hand or talk, just having him near is one of the best medications I can have (mostly because it is NOT another pill) I have been extremely blessed with Scott and I hope that he knows just how much I appreciate him. When I see him cooking Breaded Pork Chops and Pasta for dinner just because it looks sooooo good to me, know ing full well it is probably going to be a huge fat waste of time, and spending 1 whole day trying to catch up on laundry and even folding socks with the kids, putting up with my whining and complaining about how unfair it is that I have to be sick and miserable, and again just being the one thing that brings me the most comfort, I feel blessed. What an incredible man and wonderful husband he is, Maybe it is nice every once in a while to really see someone in a different light and to be reminded of just how special those we love are. Thanks honey, I really appreciate all that you have done for me lately, I hope to be able to take back a few responsibilities but if you want I will gladly let you have a few to keep as well :)

3 comments:

  1. So should I be asking for Scott to come next month??? He sounds great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice that Scott can do it all.

    Just for future reference. Go to Walmart, Walgreens, or a health food shop and get some Sambucol Black Elderberry. Works wonders!!

    And next time anyone in your house starts showing signs of getting sick, cut up some onions and place them cut side up in bowls or on plates next to everyone's beds and in other places around the house where you are frequently. It's weird but it really does work!!

    ReplyDelete