Saturday, December 3, 2011

Lainee turns Six

Do you know what I love, I love making cakes for my kids' birthdays, sometimes they turn out great and sometimes, well, it's the thought that counts............!!!  This year for Lainee's b-day I asked her what she wanted for her cake and she said "I really, really, really want the strawberry cake you made for my 4th b-day."  Hip, Hip hooray I already knew what to do and maybe I could improve it a little.  So excited was I for this cake that I didn't even stress about it, that should have been my first clue :s  The girls had been out at their Grandma and Pappy's house and they came home the night before her 6th b-day.  Lainee promptly walks in says hi and then proceeds to tell me what she wants her cake to be, ummmmm what??  She decided that she wanted a cat cake, I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that she spent the weekend loving on "her" cat (which she keeps at Grandma's house).  So being the kind, wonderful, never stressing, most loving mom that I am, I said "you bet, if a cat cake is what you want than a cat cake is what you will get!!"  And thus began the internet search for an idea, followed by a late night baking and a feverish run to the store the next day to finish getting the accessories for our most beautiful kitty cat cake!  My Sister Kari and her kids came over to help us celebrate and it is a good thing she did because I needed her help putting the finishing touches on!!

 
This is the finished product!!!  Pretty darn cute!!



I would say she is pretty pleased with it!!


Katie, Kayla, Kennadee, Lainee, Lexi and Brina!!


Did I mention it was an ice cream cake, filled with Kit Kat Ice Cream!!

*cat shirt*


^cat pajamas^


{a bike (hopefully not to run over any cats)}

Her birthday was a great day and we are lucky to have Little Lainee in our family, she brings lots of laughs, lots of giggles, lots of love and most of all lots of messes (and one day I know we will miss those messes)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment