Monday, February 15, 2010

Chapter 56: Some Good Stuff......

So I know I haven't put up pictures of my latest recipes, but do not despair my friends, I still have been cooking. On Super Bowl Sunday I really wanted to try something different and I had been looking through a magazine that had many appetizers and found a recipe for Coconut Shrimp. I have heard many say that Coconut Shrimp is really good, especially if you are not a big fan of shrimp, but being the big chicken I am I just couldn't bring myself to try it. But Scott said it was good and hopefully some others who tried it will leave their comment on how they thought it was. (hint, hint;)






Although I have never used puff pastry, I found a beef stew recipe that was topped with the pastry and then they used cute little remekins to make individual servings. My kids are all about individual servings, one of their favorite throw it in the oven meals is a Marie Calendars Pot Pie, so these of course were a hit with the kids. It was fun to use the puff pastry and this was a different twist on one of my favorite dishes, Beef Stew, yum!!!



2 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous!! Makes my mouth water just looking at the pictures, although I agree with you on the shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like fish at all but I tried those shrimp of yours and went back a few times for more!! They were delicious!!

    ReplyDelete