Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chapter 54: *sigh*

So I don't know what's up with me lately but I go through spells of not being able to fall asleep, I toss and turn and try to shut my brain off but it seems that nothing works, so I either lay there until I drift off to sleep many hours later or I finally get up and do something (not clean my house though because that would be accomplishing something, and why would you want to do that in the middle of the night) mostly watch mind numbing TV, read or like tonight blog, so here are a few of my *sigh* moments of the last couple of days!!!!

Lainee has wanted nothing more than to be a big helper these last couple of days, she wants to cook breakfast, she wants to find my shoes, she wants to check my e-mail, she just wants to do it all. So tonight as I am cooking dinner, with her by my side, she asks if there is anything else she can help with so I say to her, yes, go downstairs to the Food Storage and get a jar of fruit cocktail. She rushes away and before I know it she is back with..............A-1 steak sauce, I giggle and she looks at me and then at the A-1 and says I guess I don't know what fruit cocktail is!!!! *cute sigh*

Zachary, Kennadee and Bradley got on the subject of Cain and Abel tonight, they all learned about them on Sun. and Zachary loudly proclaims that he wants to be just like Cain, (*sigh*, not really surprising though) and then he says, because Abel chose to follow Satan and kill his brother, so Kennadee and Bradley correct him in telling him that it was Cain who killed Abel, so then Zacky changes quickly to state that he wants to be like Abel and choose the right!!!! (happy *sigh* happy *sigh*)

Our Stake Pres. has extended an invitation for all stake members to read the Book of Mormon this year, so I in turn issued the same challenge to the kids. Kennadee got right on it and started reading right away, she got to the 4th chapter in Nephi and came up to me and asked what all the little letters meant so I was telling her that those were the foot notes, it helps you better study and define some of the words in the scriptures, she then said, oh yeah, now I get it, it's like at school how the teachers have that at the bottom of their books!!! (yep,*sigh*)

So Scott and Bradley were talking one night and Bradley asked Scott a very profound question, he wanted to know "Dad, how do you get rich and then how do you stay rich." When Scott told me, I just had to shake my head. But today he got the opportuninty to go to an after school program that is teaching kids about money and they get to participate in a "stock market", and now all he can talk about is rises and falls and ups and downs and percentages and decreases, holy crap it is way to much for me to think about, he definately gets that from Scott. I just want to know how much I can spend and how often do I get it!!!! (rolling the eyes *sigh*)

Okay I am feeling a little sleepy, so I think I will go unload and reload the dishwasher, because housework always makes me tired, and then hopefully I can get a little sleep in before I have to start my day over again. (yawning *sigh*)

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow! It must be an epidemic because I have been fighting the same problem too! I hate rolling over and looking at the clock and realizing that it has been 1, 2, 3, hours since I got into bed. Have you tried a double dose of calcium? I've also found that a few leg lunges, push-ups and toe lifts (where you stand with your feet together and lift up on your toes) work pretty good too--not too many though or then it would be exercise.

    ReplyDelete