Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chapter 71: The Cure All

Well what can I say???? Today was one of "those" days, it started off good but then quickly fell apart. We went from Melt Down to Nuclear Reactor in a matter of seconds. I had two kids who couldn't calm down enough for me to even reason with them, and then another kid who thought he was "helping" by yelling and bossing everybody else around. Needless to say ---- I had lost all contol in this household. I felt like a Mime on the street: I appear to be talking, I am showing you what you need to know and yet no one can hear, no one can understand my hand signals and even though I am desperately trying to get your attention, they all just seem to ignore me and pass by. This is the time where I wish I could just google "help" and a magic cure would appear, I would then give out the appropriate doses and calm would return to my home. But NOOOOOO I guess google doesn't think sanity is that necessary.

So what does work, what is the magic cure.................?????

A NAP!!!!!

aaaahhhhhhhhhh the sweet sound of sleeping!!!!! I have to say for a few *cough, Bradley, Kennadee, cough* they did not think they needed to take a "baby" nap, but after one look of my "evil eye" and they were putty in my hands. Another more stubborn child took to coming out every 10-20 min. claiming to have had a nap, but the "meanest mom" in me would calmly turn him around and put him back in his bed, I should say that he did this until dinner time, but I stuck to my guns and kept reminding him that if he wanted to get out of his bed, all he had to do was take a nap. After the majority of them took their naps and had gotten up, it was "A whole new day", all of a sudden being asked to do chores and get along with their siblings, didn't seem like a big deal. In fact, my kids were acting and behaving so well, and even saying things like "Thank you" and "is there anything I can do to help you?" and "your the best mom", that I really thought that maybe I had fallen asleep and I was now dreaming, but Thank Heavens, I was in the real world to enjoy this moment. I even took all 4 to Wal-mart so they could spend their b-day money and we didn't have 1, oh yeah I said it, not 1 argument, not even so much as a slight whimper or whine, and when I told them "NO" on wasting their money on something dumb or to sugary, they just simply put it back and went to find something else.

Mothers of the world I am here to testify that the Miracle Drug we so crave has been in the palms of our hands this whole time, it is just simply the power of NAPS!!!!!
(I am hoping this is really the case and that this Miracle Drug does not come with any nasty side effects!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment