Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chapter 80: Can you feel the love tonight?

Can you guess what we did last night???????




;)








Hakuna Mattata, what a wonderful phrase! Hakuna Matatta ain't no passin' craze.............it means no worries for the rest of your days, It's our problem frrreeeee, philosophy
Hakuna Mattata!!!!!












Scott and I, (but mostly I) decided that we would take our kids to see "The Lion King" when it came to the Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake. I was soooo excited to be able to watch my kids enjoying the show, and they did not disappoint me!!!


Our night started when we were at dinner and Scott was asking the kids if they were excited to be going to see "The Lion King" to which Kennadee promptly replied!!!
"I am just excited that I got to dress up!!!!" hahaha, Well said Kennadee well said!!! After dinner we quickly headed downtown and you would have thought we were somewhere foreign the way the kids acted, they were so impressed with all the tall buildings and all the people, and it reminded them of all sorts of stories about our time in Maryland so it was fun to listen to them reminisce. After we finally got there and found our seats the kids started really getting excited, good thing we didn't have to wait long!!! As the play started, you see these tall giraffes, an enormous elephant walking in, gazelles jumping and zebras strutting around, there was soooo much to look at, that the kids' eyes were just darting from animal to animal, it was sooo cool. They also really loved that their were young kids playing Simba and Nala (in the 1st half) and were impressed with their singing and dancing. After the intermission the 2nd Act began with birds flying around your head, it was so fun to see them swoop and dive around the audience but I doubt that anyody else there was as entranced as Lainee was with them, I finally just had to quit watching the birds because she was soooo into it, even Bradley and Kennadee loved watching her. Whenever a song started that Kennadee or Bradley recognized they would lean over and say;
"Oh Mom, this is my favorite song," and then when the next recognizable song came on; "Oh wait, this is my favorite song," so needless to say they had alot of favorites through out the play Overall it was a wonderful night and I thoroughly enjoyed our night, and when Zachary woke up this morning the first thing he said was "Mom, Lion King was soooo awesome, I am glad we got to go!!!" It made it all the more precious for me.

(some of us just got tuckered out from all the excitement)


No comments:

Post a Comment