Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Newborn.....

Well people, I am starting to believe I have the lung capacity of a newborn.  I have been trying really hard to do something about my health (*cough*weight*cough*) and so I have been trying to use the things around me to help out with getting my body healthier.  I have been walking on the treadmill, doing push-ups, planks and I even have been working a little on arm exercises whenever I am sitting.  I was thinking about something I could do to help streghthen my legs a little more than just walk/jogging on the treadmill and I thought about stuff they do on the Biggest Loser which they do a lot of stairs, easy enough right, I have stairs right in my very own home, YAY me!!!  14 is the number of stairs I have, you know, not to many, not to little, just right.  I figured I could do 50 reps of going up and down the stairs No Problem, sounds a little "under-achiever" if I do say so myself, phssh, I got this is the bag!!  I seriously could not have been more W.R.O.N.G., as if my ego hasn't suffered a lot lately as it is, I only did 7 reps, yes you read it right 7 measley times of going up and down.......my heart hurts, my ego is shattered and my lungs I swear are filling up with blood as I am writing this because I over worked them, pathetic :(  I am thinking there is only one explanation for this and it is not that I need to exercise more.....it must be that my lungs are the size of a newborns, I would google my symptons but the last time I did that I found out I had leprosy, so before I go to the dr. with my ailments, could all of you go do some stairs and let me know that I am not a loser, that I am just one of you, and that maybe with a little more hard work I can make my goal of being more Healthy a reality.........please!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are on the right track if your goal statement says something about getting healthy and not anything about "losing weight". Your subconscious latches on to the words in your goal statement to help bring them about. And no you are not crazy....I have a hard time just going up and down the stairs once without feeling like I need to take a nap.

    Something else that will help you, write down your goal as if it has already happened, like a journal entry (put a future, believable date at the top, but one that will still keep you up at night). Then be sure to include things in your entry about how "grateful" you are for how "healthy" you are and that you "now weigh" (if you want to include that) and how good you feel. Then put that somewhere that you see it and read it morning and night, like on your wall next to your bed. Then if you have any negative thoughts come to you during your journey to that date, write them down and take them out back and BURN them!! Or shred them or crumple them. I just like watching mine burn. Additionally, write down all of the positive things that come to you in a different journal than the negative ones. Number them and see what a difference this makes in your goal. I PROMISE this will help you achieve your goal faster and help you feel better about the journey. Sorry to be so long-winded, but some recent reading and discoveries have really made a difference in my life. If you are curious, find the book "The Jackrabbit Factor" at the library, or go the the Thoughts Alive website and you can get the e-edition for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog banner photo helps a lot...LOL!
    If it helps, I can't do reps on my stairs either. I've tried and wimp out before I get to 10. So sad...

    ReplyDelete