Sunday, June 24, 2012

Baseboads

38 years
456 months
1,985 weeks
13,893 days
333,432 hours
20,005,935 minutes
1,200,356,148 seconds

have passed in the life of Scott King, all this time has gone by with nary more than a bump or bruise and if you heard the stories he tells of his childhood this would almost seem like a miracle.  But Sat. June 23, 2012 it all came to a screeching halt.  Scott was in Bradley's bedroom trying to rip out baseboard and he was using this tool:



I was in the kitchen and I heard Scott holler out "Mel, oh crap, I cut myself really bad, oh crap, it is really bad, get me something to help stop the bleeding!"

My heart just sank, I didn't want to go in because I knew for Scott to say it was bad, I knew it was probably worse than I could imagine, but I grabbed some paper towels, took a deep breath and ran into the room. Thankfully, because of Scott's quick thinking, he grabbed his leg and put so much pressure on his cut that when I got to him he was not even bleeding, quite the miracle since you can see how deep the cut is:



The only good thing about this is that; Scott can now stop saying that he has never had stitches in his life, it kind of made me happy,  especially since he narrowly escaped getting them twice in the period of about 8 days last October.  I told him that he needs to stop thinking he is invincible, he is getting old and he needs to be more careful, he looked at me and said "okay", but he said it with his "I love you, but I am not listening to you" grin!!!  



$25 co-pay, 9 stitches on the inside, 11 stitches on the outside and 1 green apple sucker (to help with not passing out) later, Dr. Darren declared him; put back together again!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was the week for stitches! Scott wins! (a title I am sure Sienna is happy to concede!) :)

    ReplyDelete