Friday, October 22, 2010

Chapter 85: So what would you Do???

Have you ever tried to do your best to correct a mistake only to be told that it wasn't a mistake. Well this happened to me twice in one day!!!! So all of you know that I coupon and I love it, but this week for whatever reason I ran into some issues.

It started out at Walgreen's, which as a side note I really do not like shopping there, I just don't find that they have very friendly people there. But nonetheless they had some good deals on things and I went to grab just a few things. So as I am checking out the lady at the counter is scanning my coupons and then she starts having a problem with one, she kept trying to scan it and then scan another one, so on and so forth and pretty soon I am confused as to which coupons she has already used and which ones she hasn't, so she printed out a receipt to make sure that she had all the coupons on it, so I told her how many I had of each and it turns out that somehow she had scanned an extra coupon so I told her of her mistake and she said "oh well, it is to hard to correct these kinds of mistakes." to which I said we could just start over and she said "nope, it's not worth it" and then she proceeded to check me out and I was on my way.

Then I was in Salt Lake at a Smith's store and again I was buying things specifically to use coupons on them and to get extra savings you had to buy so many of these certain items, so I am very careful about counting when I put things in my basket and then rechecking my math when I load things onto the conveyor belt. Well when the lady (who had a very strong accent) was telling me my total, I noticed that I had only received 1 $5.00 savings when I should have gotten 2, so I pointed it out to her and she printed out a receipt to check over things and then told me that I had only bought 19 items instead of 20, to which I responded that I was sure that I had 20, and that maybe one of the items must not have rung up, and then she kind of got defensive and was like "it is in the computer, the computer doesn't lie, it let's me know how many items you have, so it you want the discount you need to buy another item." and then she grabs one of the items and scans it again and then you could see the 2nd $5.00 discount appear. So then she made the bagger go grab the same item she just scanned, although I was trying to hurry and count and see how many I did have. When I got home and started going through the groceries, I found that I was right and that she must not have scanned one of the items. So now I am kind of mad, I was trying to do the right thing in both cases but basically got told that it didn't matter if I was right, so now I am posing the question to you - what would you do????

3 comments:

  1. Call and complain - you have the name of the cashier on your receipt! Okay, that is what I would want to do, but never actually do!

    Just take a breather and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Taci. I would call the respective stores, speak to the managers and let them know what happened. It nothing else, they need to know that their employees are not being diligent in their jobs. If it were my store, I would definately want to know.

    ReplyDelete