Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chapter 49: You know your kids are grown when:

This morning after sleeping in a little bit, I awoke with a bit of a stomach bug. Now Moms can sympathize with me when you say that when Mom is sick "nothing" gets done. Well today was one of those exceptions. The kids realized that I wasn't feeling very well and they pitched in to help out, they cleaned the upstairs (with the exception of Kennadee's room, because afterall who would want to tackle that) and they did it without fighting!!!! Bradley wanted to go to his friends house and when I asked if he wouldn't mind making soup for lunch for us girls (Zachary was gone already) he not only fixed us lunch but made sure we had drinks and crackers, it really was soooo sweet of him. My kids have been so good even about keeping the noise level down, sometimes though I think they don't want to be noticed just in case I will ask them to do something like unload the dishwasher or in Kennadee's case clean her room, hahaha. But I guess there is something to be said for kids growing up, I may not feel this way everyday but for today I am very grateful that I can be sick and actually get a little rest, and still be the Mom. Thank you kids, I love you the most!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That is so awesome. I hope one day I can raise my kids to be great like yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, I wish my kids had been like that! J/K!!
    I had the best kids....... especially my oldest daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, those are great days!!!
    My kids alternate. Either- mom has a headache, lets be extra good or mom has a headache, lets see how much trouble we can get into before she catches us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What!? Mother JoAnn... I remember you telling me I was your best child - especially when you were sick! Remember the cool whip bowls filled with water and a rag so I could keep your forehead cool???

    Ugh - again forgotten child #7...

    Mel, send your amazing kids out this way. I have been super sick lately as well! I finally called Erin and asked her to help me out. Good thing I have one sister close to me!

    ReplyDelete